Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Healthy Lunch Options Without Breaking the Bank

Work Smart, Work Healthy

If you're anything like me you probably hate preparing lunch. You can ask my coworkers; I eat a container of low fat cottage cheese everyday which helps me meet my daily protein goal due to the 84 grams per serving. I eat it not only to gross my coworkers out, but because all I have to do to prepare it is open the top of the container and sprinkle sea salt on top. Should I eat other stuff? Yes. Will I? Hopefully, and with some of these fast, cheap recipes it will be a little bit more of an attainable goal.



  1. Creamy Avocado and White Bean Wrap: Beans are a great source of protein with relatively low calories while the avocado serves as a healthy filler.
  2. Quinoa & Smoked Tofu Salad: I LOVE QUINOA! If you haven't figured that out by now, it was only a matter of time before you did. Why do I love it? It's easy to make in large batches, I get my whole grains and protein all in one sitting, and most importantly its filling. Toss it on some protein packed tofu and vitamin rich greens and you've got yourself a meal fit for a king, but fit for your wallet as well.
  3. Mediterranean Wrap: Chicken, lemon and herbs. What's not to love here. Lean meat gives you the protein, while the rest of the fillers give you all the vitamins. Team work makes the dream work.
  4. Veggistrone:I'm not going to lie, I usually hate bringing soup to work. It's messy, leaks in my car and on me, and it's an overall pain to deal with. This recipe, however, is different in that it is more substance than broth and packs a punch of nutrients for about a week's worth of lunch. They just might have me sold.
HEY YOU!  Don't forget to sign up for our 90 Days for $90 promotion at our Bel Air or Perry Hall Locations!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment